The NeoExodus Legacies Retail Incentive Program encourages players (and GMs) to patronize the retail stores and other venues that are hosting NeoExodus Legacies games. The entire table gains some minor mechanical benefit as a way of thanking you for supporting the stores that act as venues for NeoExodus Legacies.
NeoExodus Legacies Retail Incentive Program Benefits
Table purchases of $10 or more qualify for the standard benefit. $50 earns enhanced benefits. See the rules below for more details. (For countries outside the US, an approximate equivalent of local currency is used. For example, $10 USD = 7. 67 British Pound or 13.27 Australian Dollars or 8.96 Euro, so round to the closest .25 and use that figure. This doesn’t mean you have to look up the exchange rate each game day, just use the general exchange rate.)
Automatic Benefit—Entire Table
Every PC at the table benefits from this ability for the duration of the scenario.
- Harder to Kill Treat the character’s Constitution as 5 points higher than normal for the purpose of determining when hit point damage would kill him. For the enhanced benefit, treat the character’s Constitution as 10 higher.
Pick One—One Benefit Per Player, Per Game
Each player may also choose to use one of the following during the game:
- Cheaper Healing Before the end of the session, you can use the benefit to reduce the Prestige Point cost of one spellcasting service of the healing subschool by 1 (minimum 0). For the enhanced benefit, you can instead reduce the cost by 2.
- Recover from Wounds The PC recovers hit points equal to twice their character level. For the enhanced benefit, each PC also recovers 2 points of ability damage to one ability score. This benefit can only be used outside of combat.
- Bonus Wealth If you do not use one of the subsidized healing benefits above, you can instead choose to roll twice and take the higher result when rolling a Day Job check. For the enhanced benefit, you also increase the gold you earn from the day Job result by 50% (maximum 300 gp total).
Retail Incentive Program Rules
At any time during an event, players may redeem receipts from their purchases worth $10 or more to gain a single-use benefit that applies to all of the PCs at the table. If the total combined receipts provided by one or more players are $50 or more, all players receive an enhanced benefit. No matter how many receipts the players have, the table can never use the same benefit more than once during a game session; they can, however, gain both benefits during a session.
Redeeming a receipt simply involves showing it to the GM, who marks the receipt to denote that it was used. A player can only use a receipt in this way on the same day as she made the purchase, and only for events held at that venue. A player can acquire and redeem a receipt during play so long as doing so would not significantly disrupt gameplay, though it must occur before an encounter begins. The receipt need not be for Paizo products; the store owner may include any products the venue sells as qualifying purchases.
This proposal grants a benefit to the entire table, scaling depending on how much money someone spent.
Game stores and other retail locations are an important part of the NeoExodus Legacies community, and it’s important to support them so that there’s always a public venue for organized play events. Players can now redeem receipts in exchange for a modest benefit shared by the entire table—all as a way of thanking players for supporting their game stores.
Clarifications for NeoExodus Legacies
- There is no per-purchase minimum; the $10 and $50 values refer to the minimum benefit thresholds. If you add up all of the purchases from people at your table and the total is greater than or equal to $10, then the entire table receives the standard benefits. If the total is greater than or equal to $50, then the entire table receives the enhanced benefit.
- Purchases by the GM may be redeemed to meet the table’s thresholds.
- Players may only select one single-use benefit (Cheaper Healing, Recover from Wounds, or Bonus Wealth) even if they use a standard benefit and their table later unlocks the enhanced benefit.
We will update the policy section of the website as soon as possible and the policy will appear in the next version of the NeoExodus Legacies Campaign Guide. As this is a new program, we appreciate constructive feedback.